ALL INDIA MD/MS DOCTOR’S ASSOCIATION (AIMDDA)
Preamble: AIMDDA aims to unify all MD/MS/DNB or Medical Diploma doctors under its banner and represents all Postgraduate medical doctors recognized by Medical council of India. Through the above Shanti verse the motto of AIMDDA is explainable as –We shall unite together, shall work together, our glory is by working together, let our studies and research be of brilliance, let us not quarrel-let there be peace in and by our actions.AIMDDA is expected to ignite passionate minds involved in medical education, research and clinical studies throughout India. All MD or MS postgraduates are eligible to enroll for membership.
We seek to liase with Medical and Dental councils of India and abroad and various health organizations in our quest for harmonization of medical services and maintenance of world medical standards in India.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO JOIN AIMDDA
FULL MEMBERSHIP: Various MD/MS specializations have been recognized by MCI and MD’s of all Branches of Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology are welcome to join the association as full fledged members of the association. All MD/MS or Post graduate Diploma or DNB can be members. Post graduate MD/DNB students can participate as Adhoc members of the association. All MD consultants, even outside medical institutions are eligible to register as members of the association. We plan to request MCI to replace all Medical diploma seats with MD/MS seats.
Wings /Departments will be constituted and will be responsible for activities of different specialties and subspecialties. International wing of AIMDDA will have its own president ,presently managed by Dr Jogen Pramannik( Netherlands)
ASSOCIATE MEMBERS: DNB postgraduates can join the association as members after consultation by the academic council comprised by representatives of all Wings. Diplomas in specialties can join the association as associate members and the association plans to take up the cases or problems of junior residents and senior residents at appropriate levels if necessary with respect to various problems faced as Doctors. Senior residents or PG students can join association as ad-hoc members and can be considered for full membership on completion of their MD/MS/DNB course.
Foreign Medical degree holders: At least one degree among undergraduate (MBBS) or postgraduate (MD/MS) qualifications should have been recognized by MCI, and the member should preferably have membership of IMA.
Present structure of AIMDDA: till the General body meeting in March 2008
PRESIDENT- Dr Vallyamma, Prof & HOD Biochemistry, Periyaram Medical College, Kerala. International wing of AIMDDA will have its own president, presently managed by Dr Jogen Pramannik( Netherlands) who will manage affairs of the body abroad as per guidance from First Executive committee.
1. Dr Vijayabhaskar, Prof in Biochemistry, Mamata Medical College, Khammam.
2. Dr Lincoln Deva kumar, Prof & HOD Physiology, Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan, Karnataka.573201
Secretary: Dr Srinivas R Deshpande Associate Professor Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan, Karnataka.
1: Dr B.G.Vittal, Assistant Professor Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan, Karnataka.
2. Dr Prashant Joshi, assistant Prof in OBG, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College, Pondicherry.
3. Dr Narendra MS (Gen Surg) MCh( Oncosurgery) ,practicing at Shimoga,Karnataka.
4. Dr Sumana .Assistant Prof in Anatomy, JJM Medical College, Davangere.
Treasurer: Dr Rajeshwari Eligar Assistant Professor in Anatomy, Karnataka Inst of Medical Sciences,Hubli 580022 Karnataka.
All India Institute of MD Doctors teachers training course: AIIMDA- IMTT- will be contemplated in the future course of AIMDDA growth and will encompass a Medical education department comprised of distinguished eminent medical teachers. It can invite guest faculty from abroad, to conduct CME programmes.
HEAD QUARTERS: will be decided in General body meeting at Bangalore in March 2008.Bangalore or Hyderabad would be an ideal location.
Brochure about the activities:
Website: is desirable to host a proper website, for enabling all registrations electronically for members from India and abroad. Members should be able to have a separate email id, blog hosting for members is desirable. Web content development to enable webinars of members to be hosted, is contemplated.
Fund raising: It is decided to keep membership free for the period up to March 2008.Funds will be required to conduct activities of the association and other expenses. Sponsors have to be found among pharma companies.
Annual sports meet of members: possibly within branches of our members we can contemplate sport events of short duration at accessible venues, and will signal health consciousness among members.
Co-operative society of members of AIMDDA: CAN BE CONTEMPLATED To help student members doing MD or PhD or research associateships, and to finance studies, give loans at low interest or stand collateral to students.
Annual membership fees: Rs 100/- annually. Or Rs 1500 /- as lump sum for Life time membership of AIMDDA.
Annual Conference will be held as per wishes of members and will deliberate on various issues facing doctors and propose mechanisms to settle litigations facing the community, and under consumer protection act.
Chartered accountant: editors will be appointed on contract
Lawyer for the association: to engage in various problems of association members, and represent ideas of AIMDDA at national and state levels.
STATE WISE CHAPTERS WILL BE FORMED OF AIMDDA TO LIASE WITH STATE GOVERNMENTS AND STATE MEDICAL COUNCILS.
State chapters will group under medical college jurisdiction certain areas, and each such local chapter will not have more than 600-750 members. Example in Pondicherry with 9 medical colleges- each college with mostly 100 seats JIPMER with 50 seats-up to 300MD staff in JIPMER area, is expected as Local consultants make up another 50MDs. This can constitute a Local chapter. Similarly a state chapter/council will decide and redraw jurisdiction regularly.
Aims and broad objectives: of this association are
To improve the overall working environment of all MD, MS, DNB, Medical diploma holders of all branches of medicine across India.
to recognize the academic social needs of the Doctor community by periodic assessments and implement measures to serve the needs
To recognize the degrees of members of the association as at par with International board certifications and implement CME programmes in Indian medical institutions and work for academic advancement of Indian Doctor community.
To periodically liase with Medical associations and councils and other bodies in India and abroad to improve the overall welfare of allopathic MD/MS doctors/DNB doctors in India or abroad.
Memorandum of Association:
We ,the allopathic MD/MS doctors/DNB doctors educated in India or abroad in various fields of medicine hereby resolve in the interests of improving the sciences of medicine and allied medical sciences in national interest as here under-
- we shall come together annually to elect a Presidents, Vice Presidents, and other office bearers of this association to serve the cause of medical community ,who will give regular guidance and solve the burning academic problems of the association members in general and other problems as per bye-laws to be notified soon.
- The annual general body will decide and approve plans of expenditure, and chart out course of development for a period of next one year.
- We will help mankind in general and indian public in particular in assisting in natural or man made calamities, and work for disaster prevention and preparedness
- It shall approve the syllabi of various sub-sciences periodically and decide eligibility criteria’s for speciality and superspeciality teachers and advise the MCI, DCI, NCI and UGC in consultations with other doctor institutions appropriately. MD,MS,DNB doctors will have the primary right to practice branches of medicine and surgery and diagnostic sciences and will have the first right to prescribe standards and regulate medical education system
- In the interests of maintaining medical standards in the country, the association resolves to disallow MSc, PhDs who happen to be inadequately trained ,or at times totally not trained in basics of Medicine or surgical or gynecological or diagnostic medical sciences hence called as non medical teachers to act as syllabus setters or gain entry into the academic administration of medical universities or other universities established in private sector as Registrar Examination and similar posts as decided by General Body.
- The association shall not allow MSc persons to act as head of laboratories as the dignosticians, as the association contests their ability to do a proper differential workup or diagnosis and has serious doubts about their clinical and diagnostic knowledge hitherto untested by proper examination system as exists for MD/MS/DNB.
- In the interests of maintaining medical standards in the country, the association resolves to disallow MSc, PhDs who are not trained in basics of Laboratory medicine, and are not trained appropriately enough to act as diagnosticians or medical teachers or postgraduate examiners to MD/MS/DNB examinations /BDS examinations or guidance to MDS or MDS examination or ICMR studentships, as has been happening in the new age universities of India.
- Association shall safe guard the interests of diagnostic laboratories and shall seek to set up and guard appropriate laboratory standards in interests of the Indian people, as improperly trained persons cannot be allowed to gain access to or perform patient treatment, management or diagnostic workups or diagnostic medical reporting.
- It will offer consultancy to various universities or colleges or institutions who seek consultation/advice and specialist doctors of this association shall be encouraged to attend programmes for continuous professional advance and get necessary certifications as to enable these doctors to be at par with best of the doctors/faculty in the world.
- The association in its regular meets at various locations not restricted to urban areas of India, focus on various issues relevant to medical practice.
- We will help organize specialist doctors and formulate current medical opinions and conduct relevant seminars, CMEs, symposias in this regard.
- We will act as professional guardians of MD /MS/DNB/Medical diploma doctors regarding their professional rights and represent Doctors at various levels in India and abroad.
- Will seek institutional membership of international association like World medical academy and other international bodies.
- We will participate in syllabus forming of various faculties under MCI,DCI,NCI guidelines
- We shall resolve at our regular meetings to form appropriate bodies/wings to regulate/organize or upgrade working conditions in various branches of medical sciences.
- For the purpose of regular medical advances, we will resolve to establish, periodically, institutes or training facilities to conduct training or research to help our MD, MS, and DNB, Medical diplomas to attain professional competence and excellence and conduct regular examinations under international and national supervision.
- We will take appropriate, timely steps in implementing measures with help of various fellow medical associations in national interest and international health concern
- The association shall seek to regulate the quality of medical teachers in India by representing to Medical and other councils in India and abroad and reform the system in accordance with the broad wishes of the MD/MS/DNB fraternity felt needs. It shall take up with appropriate courts, governments and councils in this endeavor.
- Present pathetic working conditions and non medical teacher encouragement /appeasement have been noted by the association seriously and the association will not allow unqualified teachers to pollute the age old system of medical education just to proliferate the number of medical institutions.
- We shall partner with indian medical association, Indian dental association, association of medical biochemists of india, indian nursing association, association of physicians of india and every other medical physician surgical o gynecological association of national standing in bettering the causes of medical education in general and creation of a disease controlled india in particular, with rational drug use and use of appropriate medical technology of the time.
- We will also partner with research associations of relevance like department of Indian council of medical research to enhance focus on research activities with relevance to society and prevent copycat research in pre-para clinical sciences which is now neither bringing glory to these departments nor has alleviated the suffering of millions of the ailing Indians or has done justice to amount of resources spent to write a copycat paper or dissertation work for MD and especially PhD.
- At the end of 50 years of existence of this association the association should have fostered path breaking inter departmental research work and should have produced Nobel prize winners in medicine, physiology or biochemical pathology and other medical sciences, since we note that public money has gone to drains since past 50 years post independence from indian governments and medical/ dental colleges/hospitals. Lack of proper focus in developing centers of medical competence and excellence and lack of proper funding to the proper medical MD in doing quality research has failed the cause of medical research in india and we plan to identify, prevent such event.
- The association is anti quackery in Clinical sciences or in practice of laboratory services. Inadequately qualified persons shall not certify lab reports as per Indian High courts.
- This association realizes the excellent contributions of the IMA,QPMPA,IDA,API,IAP ,AMBI and other professional bodies in assisting the cause of MD/MS/DNB /Medical diploma holders across India. But IMA, QPMPA have their own vision and spheres of working and cater to a different group of allopathic physicians in that they serve the cause of MBBS graduates.
- We plan to serve the Postgraduates of India in particular since, growing number of postgraduates and PG aspirants desire a lot from Indian medical setups. We will, remaining in IMA, and QPMPA and other previous parent bodies, strive for the cause of Doctors.
- Multi pronged approach which shall supplement, complement actions of IMA, QPMPA, IDA, API, IAP, AMBI and other professional bodies like IMC, DCI, NCI, should get a better reach to Indian public.
- The association will act as a broad based body of specialist doctors in India and will encourage the growth of nascent fields of medical sciences like metabolic medicine ,interventional radiology etc.
FAQ-Frequently asked questions
What is AIMDDA?
All India MD/MS doctors association is a not for profit body of Indian citizens educated in specialty branches of medicine.
Who can become a member of AIMDDA?
Any MD/MS/DNB/Medical diploma holders from India or abroad can become a member of All India MD/MS doctors association.
What are the broad aims and objectives of the association?
Broadly it complements the good work done by MCI,IMA,IDA and other specialist doctors associations and will try to look after the general ,academic interests of Indian MD/MS/DNB/Medical diploma holders from India or abroad. We plan to serve the Postgraduates of India in particular since, growing number of postgraduates and PG aspirants desire a lot from Indian medical setups. We will ,remaining in IMA,and QPMPA and other previous parent bodies, strive for the cause of Doctors.Multi pronged approach which shall supplement, complement actions of IMA,QPMPA,IDA,API,IAP ,AMBI and other professional bodies like IMC,DCI,NCI, should get a better reach to Indian public.
What is the association’s attitude towards research situation in India? Has India done well in research and has the public cause served? What are visions of AIMDDA for researcher MD’s?
Superficial medical research of no use to community has been happening in 99% of medical colleges, even in so called Indian Institutes of medical excellence. Reason has been the attempt to convert a non-medical scientist into a medical researcher doctorate rather than foster growth of a Doctor Researcher scientist. This gross wrong emphasis has lead to the flight of MD MS doctors to USA to do research and earn their PhDs. Why does not same happen in India? Our research system does nor encourage a MBBS person to do quality research.
The present system of medical research revolves around non medical institutions like IISc getting lot of funds for Medical research in contrast to encouragement to MD teachers to do research. Lack of medical audit system has been the cause of wasting of resources in India. Indian money has not been well spent in medical research since Indian doctors have never been attracted properly to do path breaking research in a proper way. There is lack of mechanism to identify, foster growth of research environments at medical college departments as research has been a non paying job. Leaves are not granted to MD’s to do research, and lack of proper chemical, reagents, and teachers has hampered research in Indian medical institutions. Even today, in most institutions, there is no allowance to do PG/MD/MS/DNB teaching or for guiding PhD or for research and such disrespect to teachers have not done well to the medical system. It is noted that gaining an additional degree say DNB or PhD or even FRCS /FRCP will not gain even a single increment to the MD teacher, hence none does research or further studies in India.AIMDDA plans to setup think tanks which will give guidelines to Indian governments to prevent wastage of resources. We will also partner with research associations of relevance like department of Indian council of medical research to enhance focus on research activities with relevance to society and prevent copycat research in pre-para clinical sciences which is now neither bringing glory to these departments nor has alleviated the suffering of millions of the ailing Indians or has done justice to amount of resources spent to write a copycat paper or dissertation work for MD and especially PhD. At the end of 50 years of existence of this association the association should have fostered path breaking inter departmental research work and should have produced Nobel prize winners in medicine, physiology or biochemical pathology and other medical sciences, since we note that public money has gone to drains since past 50 years post independence from indian governments and medical/ dental colleges/hospitals. Lack of proper focus in developing centers of medical competence and excellence and lack of proper funding to the proper medical MD student in doing quality research has failed the cause of medical research in india.
Is there any clash of ideologies with regards to improving the cause of Doctors in particular with IMA?
None. This association realizes the excellent contributions of the IMA, QPMPA, IDA, API, IAP, AMBI and other professional bodies in assisting the cause of MD/MS/DNB /Medical diploma holders across India. But IMA, QPMPA have their own vision and spheres of working and cater to a different group of allopathic physicians in that they serve the cause of MBBS graduates. We plan to liase with most of other medical associations in India & abroad and together work for betterment of working conditions, implementation of pay scale revisions, salaries at private medical colleges, assisting doctors against harassments, ethical and medico legal issues as IMA, IDA, and QPMPA have been doing. We shall partner with indian medical association, Indian dental association, association of medical biochemists of india, indian nursing association, association of physicians of india and every other medical physician surgical or gynecological association of national standing and international repute in bettering the causes of medical education in general and creation of a disease controlled india in particular, with rational drug use and use of appropriate medical technology of the time. We want to create a parallel platform for MDs-To air their viewpoint, talk on relevant medico social issues and help the patients in a better way.
What other vision does AIMDDA have?
We envision an India with most brilliant doctors trained by a most brilliant team of qualified medical doctor teachers doing research in their medical institutions and hospitals even as they see patients and alleviate suffering and disease. We envision creation of a research environment, increased research focus among MD/MS/DNB degree holders and plan to coordinate with ICMR and other medical research missions in India. We plan to encourage every genuine medical researcher to do excellent path breaking research and get laurels for India. We want to remove allegations that doctors are only the end users of technology developed by non medical scientists, and we do not know how to conduct clinical research.
What are the rights of the members?
All members have the right to seek help in their research, clinical assistance, and medico social medico legal consultation assistance. All members can approach the office bearers and present their problems to the Elder’s committee and seek solutions from the think tank. All solutions will emerge from existing relevant rules of good conduct, WHO, Helsinki declaration of WMA, IMA, MCI, international GLP, GCP and Indian Penal Code. We will try to represent members at the highest possible level within the resources and wherewithal of association. Like IMA, QPMPA we can take up antiquackery drives and remove scourge of quackery by complementing their moves.